Renilde Becqué, MBA / MSc / LEED AP -
Sr. International Sustainability, Circular Economy & Energy Strategist / Whole Systems Analyst
Renilde Becqué is a seasoned sustainability professional with extensive international experience, and broad depth of environmental and sustainable systems knowledge. She is a systems thinker with over 15 years experience across sustainability & climate change, energy, environmental planning & management and integrated urban development. She has held an impressive array of positions in the Netherlands, United States, Australia, Beijing/China, Hong Kong, and has additionally worked in India, Japan, SE Asia, Mongolia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Qatar and Liberia, as well as having done MSc work in Brazil, with an additional focus on developing & rapidly emerging countries.
Renilde holds an MBA in Innovation, Enterprise and the Circular Economy and has held a LEED AP credential since 2008. With her expertise and keen interest in sustainable cities & transport, climate change risk & resilience strategies, circular & restorative business models, energy transition, natural capital valuation and business case & compelling narrative for transformational change, Renilde has worked on a variety of high-level projects for Fortune 500's and well-known, international non-profit organizations. She has also authored a variety of international reports and white papers including “Accelerating Building Efficiency” with World Resources Institute and “Prevention and Control of Shipping and Port Air Emissions in China” with NRDC, among others.
Renilde is a pro-active, knowledge savvy, astute and creative powerhouse who brings a wealth of experience and perfect blend of strong analytical and strategic skills, as well as commercial acumen to the EnviroDynamix team. Some of her recent work includes:
• Projects for the Natural Resources Defense Council (since 2013)
- Curbing air emissions from shipping at major ports in China.
- Building energy efficiency retrofitting roadmap Hong Kong.
• Rocky Mountain Institute/Carbon War Room: PM - market design & investment case for residual heat exchange network; operational efficiency solutions in freight.
• European Climate Foundation: strategy, vision & policy roadmap to move appliance sector to circular, servitized business models.
• World Future Council: policy lessons learned from Global 100% Renewable Energy campaign to inform Africa RE Initiative (AREI)
• Smart Freight Centre: outreach & harmonization CO2 emission methodologies in (maritime) freight.
• Sr. Sustainability Consultant Mott MacDonald, Hong Kong and Principal Consultant for ERM in Beijing, China